Louise Pargeter and Lynn Ray Scholarships
- Completed application form with all relevant information.
- An 800-word essay, video, infographic, song, or other creative submission on the topic chosen by the USJE for the current year.
- Proof of registration from the university, college or institute of higher learning you are attending for the 2023/2024 Academic year. Attendance will be verified before granting of the award(s). Recipients must attend school during the academic year (Fall 2023 to Summer 2024) or it will default to another applicant.
- For the Louise Pargeter National Scholarships, preference will be given to applicants enrolling in the fields of study of psychology, criminology, sociology or social work degree.
- The Lynn Ray National Scholarship is open to anyone attending a recognized institute of higher learning.
- A transcript of most current academic standing (if applicable).
- Recipients will be asked to provide their Social Insurance Number (S.I.N.) in order to receive the scholarship.
The USJE reserves the right to withhold the granting of an award if no applicant is deemed to possess the necessary requirements, or for other valid reasons. All submissions become the property of the USJE.
If you are unable to complete the application online, all documents sent by mail must be received or postmarked no later than February 1, 2023. Documents sent by email or fax must be received by the USJE by 4:00 p.m. EST. Confirmation of complete applications will be provided by the USJE.
If sending in the application they must be emailed, mailed or faxed to:
Union of Safety and Justice Employees
Attn: Scholarship Committee
233 Gilmour Street, Suite 1004
Ottawa, Ontario K2P OP2
*If the application form is being done electronically but the transcript, proof of registration and the response to the Scholarship Question are being sent another way, please indicate so at the end of the application form.