We have received a large number of inquiries regarding RCMP Civilian Members and their status. We want to ensure that the direction from National Office is clear and widely broadcasted.
- RCMP Civilian Members ARE PSAC/USJE members (they have been in a dues-exempt category under the PSAC Constitution – Section 4, Subsection (2) (f) – but are nonetheless members).
- They are entitled to Strike Pay under the same conditions as any other member. Yes, they need to sign a card to receive it.
- The same rules apply to Civilian Members as to any other members – essential letters are needed to cross the line, those without will be subject to Discipline under Article 25 of the PSAC Constitution.
- If Locals are paying top-up, RCMP Civilian Members should be included. CMs should also be invited to Local meetings where such issues are being discussed and voted upon.
- Please make sure RCMP CMs are providing personal email addresses! That will ensure they receive our communications going forward.
- These Collective Agreements that are currently being negoticiated will apply to them – subject to the MOU around certain provisions in their Terms & Conditions that we are negotiating transition provisions for (sick leave, vacation accrual, pension eligibility). They will get the same wage increases, access to the same premiums and protections as PSEs.
- If RCMP CM have specific questions/issues, they can email CM-Info-MC@psac-afpc.com